Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Plugging Along

We're just plugging along these past few weeks at the Rech household. We welcome the transition back to a more normal schedule after the craziness that the holidays can bring. Here's what's going on with us...

Hayden:
- is sleeping like crazy. She goes down anywhere from 7-9 pm and sleeps until anywhere from 4-6 am!

- is doing that cute grab-her-feet move when laying on her back.

- is growing so quickly. Her 6 month clothes are fitting so well. It won't be long before she jumps up to the next size.

- has been strangely fussy the past couple of days. The daycare ladies think she's teething already although I don't feel any lumps in her gums. We'll see!

Andrea:
- had to start supplementing Hayden's diet with formula this past week. She takes one bottle of formula a day. This transition was accompanied by a strange 'I've somehow failed' feeling for me since I wanted her to have only my milk for longer than 4 1/2 months. Those feelings of Mom guilt sneak up on me and surprise me. Thankfully they don't stay long.

- is feeling like my life is much more in balance these days. I'm seeing my family more. I'm sleeping more. I'm in a better mood. I can focus much better while at work. I'm finding lots of time to see my friends. I'm even working out more again thanks to a new exercise area at my office. I still feel like I could have more alone time with my husband. We're working on that.

- is transitioning to a new role at work. It's one that I've been wanting and working toward for a long time. I'm excited and nervous (in a good way). It's been awhile since I've had this feeling at work. I'm so happy to have a new challenge.

- is still struggling to lose the baby weight. I've hit quite a plateau in my weight loss efforts. I have 15 pounds left to go and they are stubborn. And so am I...I'm not doing a very good job saying 'no' to my sweet tooth.

-is turning 33 this week. Yikes.

Steve:
- is excited about the Pack. Who isn't?

- is depressed about the Bucks. It's really hard being a Bucks fan. Believe me.

- is also facing exciting new opportunities at work. He's getting more involved in business development opportunities at Graef.


No comments:

Post a Comment