Thursday, July 21, 2011

Summer Craziness

Steve and I are both facing incredible deadlines at work right now. Yes, both of us. At the same time. It's been tough to find time for much of anything, much less blog updates. Here's a quickie.

I have taken sad few photos of Hayden so far this summer. Here's what I have handy from my iPhone to share:










Some quick Hayden updates:

-Hayden pulls herself up on anything and anyone. It's her absolute most favorite thing to do right now. Once she gets to a standing position, she'll test her boundaries. One hand? For a second. No hands? For half a second. Walking along the couch? Maybe for a few steps. It's so fun to see her becoming so physically agile.

-Hayden is just entering a slightly clingy phase. She seems to prefer me to most others right now (which I can't say doesn't feel kind of nice sometimes) but she never objects loudly. If she's with someone else and I'm nearby, she'll give me 'the eyes' and lean her body my way.

-Her hair is just so dang long! I'm done cutting bangs and now I have to style her hair every morning before daycare. I put a little ponytail up top or sometimes even a tiny french braid across the top front, yes a french braid. Probably the only 10 month old with a french braid in America today.

-She LOVES to eat. In fact, I think 'eat' was her second word to 'dada'. She clearly said 'eat' to me yesterday in the car on the way to daycare. She eats everything and anything. There is not a single item of food that she has rejected so far. Olives, sausage, mushrooms, green veggies...bring it on!

I am hoping things let up for us in August so we can get back to a more normal weekly routine and can find some time to play outside and enjoy more relaxed family time. Cross your fingers for us everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment