Hayden took her first steps on Saturday, August 13, in front of quite an audience. We were away for the weekend with four of our friends and their families and Hayden walked for the first time while we were all gathered for dinner. She was quickly rewarded by a room full of applause and cheers! Her Mom and Dad totally freaked out. It was awesome.
Since then, she's steadily improved. I was away in Portland for a few days for work and when I got home yesterday, I was floored by the improvement in her walking in even just those few days. Auntie Mary took this video of Hayden walking and sent it to me. Thankfully I haven't worn the video out despite my watching it over and over again while I was away!
My favorite part of this video is the very end. The look on proud Daddy's face just melts my heart. I couldn't have dreamed up a better partner for me and father for Hayden. It makes me love him more to see him loving her so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment