Hayden and the kids were busy all weekend riding their bikes and scooters, playing on the playground near our campsite, and swimming in the lake. And Steve and I enjoyed the company of our friends around the campfire after the kids were asleep both Friday and Saturday nights.
Here are the kids (minus 18-month-old Emily) taking a break from running through the woods between our campsites.
Here they're all lit up with lanterns and glow-in-the-dark necklaces and bracelets for the last few minutes of bicycling of the night.
On Saturday, Steve and I took the training wheels off of Hayden's bike and spent a chunk of the morning practicing with her. She is able to ride on her own for good little stretches of time before losing balance. We are determined to have her riding on her own by the end of the summer!
Here's the group on Saturday night - the kids loved roasting their own hot dogs on sticks over the fire.
And on Sunday, we made our traditional stop at the ice cream shop just outside of the campground and posed in the giant blue chair for pics! Gosh, they are getting so big!
The kids have so much fun together on this camping weekend each year. I'm so grateful that Hayden has this camping experience as it reminds me of some of my favorite childhood memories when we went camping with our family friends. I'm glad for Hayden to have a weekend where her only job is to run around with friends and get as dirty as she possibly can. And I don't mind having a few good laughs with friends around a campfire for myself!
No comments:
Post a Comment