Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Gratitude

It's so easy to get caught up in the fast pace of our lives and to forget to count my blessings.

I have a new job now, one that has me working harder and more than I've ever worked before. I'm managing a team of nine people and I take that seriously. Their challenges are my challenges. Their success are my successes. I sometimes come home from work feeling tired, beat down, having given so much of myself to my clients and my team throughout the course of a day.

I give what I have left of me to Hayden when I get home. And Steve gets any little bits and pieces I have left. Mostly, there's nothing left of me for myself.

Lately, I've been getting caught up in this feeling of having nothing left to give. It's a bad feeling, and I've been focusing too much on it.

The life of a working parent is no joke. It's hard most of the time, it's certainly exhausting, and you never quite feel like you're ever in exactly the right place. But I know I couldn't do this any other way.

Every day after work, when I'm driving home or to pick Hayden up from daycare, I'm starting to try to think of all things that I'm grateful for. Like my understanding and patient husband, my joyful daughter, and my challenging (in a good way) new job. So that I can walk into my house feeling positive and re-energized for the best part of my day - family time.

Today, I'm grateful for car horns because they bring my baby so much joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment