Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Date Night - Blind Pilot

My dear friend and fellow GSer, Liza, came by on Saturday night to play with Hayden so Steve and I could have a date night. We ordered dinner in while Hayden got comfortable with Liza and then Steve and I hit the road for the Pabst Theater.

Blind Pilot is my favorite band and we had awesome seats for the show. Steve and I were too shy to ask anyone around us to take a photo of us together while we waited for the doors to open but we did take a pic of each other. Notice the band's cool retro touring bus behind me.



The show was awesome, they played all of my favorites and Steve and I had a fantastic night out together.

Marriage is a funny thing, you can feel a little disconnected one week and feel butterflies like it's your first date the next week. I'm so happy that through all the years we've been together we both still share our passion for live music. A date with my funny, fun-loving hubby AND my favorite band in one night? Does it get any better than that?


 The band always closes their shows with a special acoustic song that gets the whole audience singing along.  **Sigh** I love that part.

No comments:

Post a Comment