There's been a huge gap in family activities between my last post and today, including Hayden's second birthday, that I assume I'll eventually catch up on. For now, here's a summary of a lovely family Sunday.
Yesterday we were a little antsy after Hayden's nap...wanted to get out of the house but no clear idea of what to do. Hayden suggested a bicycle ride and so we packed up her new bicycle (a birthday gift from the Buege's and Grandpa Rech) and drove down to the lakefront for a scenic ride. As we pulled up to Veteran's Park, we realized there was a kite festival going on. Fun! We were at this kite festival last year with Erin and Bryant, but the weather this year was so much better.
We left the bike in the car for awhile and watched some awesome kites flying, played with bubbles, and eventually bought and flew our very own kite. Hayden was more interested in playing with the tail of the kite pre-launch than she was actually watching it fly or flying it herself. But, Daddy had a great time flying our new kite. I'm sure there will be many, many kite flying excursions in our future. Did you know Veteran's Park is one of the top 10 places in the country to fly a kite?
After our kite adventures, we pulled the bike out of the car and did a little out and back trip near the lagoon. I love that we live so close to the lakefront - we go so often, it's essentially Hayden's backyard. I love thinking that her childhood will be filled with memories of Mom and Dad at Milwaukee's beautiful lakefront.
Hayden loves her bike, but her legs are just a teeny bit too short to touch the ground. But Mom and Dad love helping her along with the bike. We know that it won't be long before she doesn't need us for many things and will be all too happy to do everything for herself. I'm trying to cherish the moments she still really needs me.







No comments:
Post a Comment