Monday, January 12, 2015

Rollerskating and Football

I can't remember the last time I laughed or smiled so much as I did on Saturday afternoon when we all went rollerskating at Butler Skateland.

Hayden spent quite a bit of time on the ground at first but we rented a piece of equipment to help with her balance and she improved very quickly!



 She was incredibly determined and committed to getting better. She would skate with all her might once around the rink, get off the rink and rest for 30 seconds or so, and then get right back out there and try again. It is such a cool experience to witness her learn in real time that effort, dedication, and practice pays off. Fingers crossed that sticks with her!





By the end of our session, she was literally running on the skates - going so fast that I had to work to keep up with her! I can't wait to take her back again! Here's a video of one of her last laps around the rink...



On Sunday afternoon, we did a rare thing and actually watched the Packer game. Well, we did it the best we could. We all put on our Packer gear, made a yummy lunch, and watched. And by watched I mean Hayden and I hosted a Barbie wedding reception and while she was napping Steve and I fell asleep too. We managed to see most the game, though, and celebrate a Packers win!





No comments:

Post a Comment