With the holidays behind us, we're trying to settle in to winter and make the most of it.
Hayden got a haircut last week and I thought I'd share a pic of her in the chair. She's been going to Steve's barber for her cuts lately and we're just so happy with the quality of his work (not to mention the low price!) compared to the kiddie cuts place we were using before. Steve's been getting his hair cut by this same guy, Mark, for about 20 years now. The first time we took Hayden there, she told us that she was going to call that place 'Famous Mark Station' so now that's how we refer to the shop where he works. We have no idea how or why she came up with that name but it makes us laugh out loud every time!
Hayden's friend from school invited her to his birthday party last Saturday. The party was at the Urban Ecology Center in Riverside Park in Milwaukee. It was the first time any of us had ever been to the center and we were so impressed! The building, grounds, and staff were fantastic. I love their mission and hope to become members and take advantage of the outdoor recreation activities and learning opportunities the center offers!
At the birthday party, Hayden pet a turtle and a snake, played in a drum circle in a real teepee, and went on a birdwatching hike. Steve and I continue to find that we are always the only family where BOTH parents attend activities like this. I guess we have yet to discover the art of 'divide and conquer' but I love the togetherness!
We did also manage to get some sledding in on Sunday but it was just way too cold for me to take my hands out of my mittens long enough to get a photo. More to come, for sure. And stay tuned for our next adventure this coming weekend - can I manage to hold both Steve and Hayden up on rollerskates at the same time this Saturday? We'll find out!!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment