On July 3, Steve and I went on our (now annual) couples bike ride. This year we had 5 couples riding. It felt great to be out on our bikes and to enjoy such great friendship. Of course we stopped for margaritas about half way through!
After the bike ride, we celebrated our friend Pete's birthday with a party at their house in Brookfield. Hayden LOVES playing at the Kazaks house because Chloe has a million dress up clothes. In case you needed proof....
(OMG I was freaking out on the inside when watching her in this white dress imagining her as a bride some day. I'll never make it through that without a complete emotional meltdown.)
If looking at this picture of these girls doesn't make you fill up from head to toe with joy, something's wrong!!
On the 4th of July, we met up with the Otts and Leonards for the Whitefish Bay parade (LOTS of candy still in our house ) and went over to the Leonards for a BBQ afterwards. We all always have a blast with that group of friends. I don't know what we'll do when the kids all go to separate schools in the fall. So sad to imagine them in school without their best buds!
We were lucky to have Peggy home on Sunday and the Rechs went out for dinner on Sunday night. There's always a good time to be had when a few Rechs get together!
Somehow I talked Mary into doing the Color Run with me and Hayden last Saturday. Hayden LOVED it, despite being a little hesitant about the concept leading up to race day. I was so excited to see her enjoying the physical activity and to participate together in an organized race. The first of many mother-daughter-aunt combo active events I hope!
She was so incredibly proud of earning her first ever medal for completing the race. We later talked about all of the races I've done and she wanted to see all of my old event medals. We had such a nice discussion about exercise being good for our bodies. And about how much fun it can be when we do it with friends and family. I think she's hooked...
Hayden really does love her soccer practices on Monday nights with Ethan and Kian. They started playing 2-on-2 and 3-on-3 games this week. It was really funny to see all of the kids cluster around the ball, steal it from their teammates, shoot at the wrong goals, etc. I love seeing her jump in the air and run across the field with her arms raised after her team scores.
It's such a gift to watch her grow and develop - by far the most amazing thing about parenting. She's so open to new things and new thinking right now, it's such a beautiful thing.




No comments:
Post a Comment