We've had a lot going on since I've recorded anything here. And I promise to do a 'catch up' post soon.
But for now, I'd just like to take a moment to reflect on something really, really positive and happy-making and that's the fact that Steve and I just celebrated our 8 year wedding anniversary last week! In keeping with the promise we made to each other to always take a special trip together for our anniversary, Steve and I were in New York this past weekend to celebrate. Many thanks to my Mom and to Mary for caring for Hayden so we could have this precious time away together.
I won't go on forever about the trip but let's just say we had a blast. There were many laughs between us (Comedy Cafe in Greenwich Village is party responsible) as well as tears (we have Fun Home on Broadway to thank for that) but most importantly, lots of love shared and many incredible memories created.
Here are a few pics...
After a much-needed beer break down by the golden statue in Rockefeller Center.
Outside the gorgeous New York Public Library (we had a good many laughs about the strange faces I make when trying really hard to take a selfie as evidenced by this pic!).
Taking a load off beneath the Brooklyn Bridge.
Accidentally stumbling across Pope Francis' motorcade (the Pope rode in the little black Fiat behind the black SUV in this photo - couldn't get a better pic!).
And making our way through some previously unexplored parts of Central Park on our last day in town.
Thanks to my husband for always being my favorite friend and traveling companion. Can't wait until next year's adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment