Wednesday, October 7, 2015

He Did It!!

Last Sunday, Steve completed his first ever marathon!! He put so much effort into his training and it really paid off. He not only ran the entire time, but he beat his goal time but a full six minutes (SIX MINUTES IS A LOT!).

I couldn't be more happy for him and his special accomplishment. Or more proud of him for his commitment to his goal. Or more excited to see him demonstrating so many related important lessons for Hayden (set a goal, stick to it, put in the hard work, and see what you can do!).

I will always remember three distinct moments from the day:
1. Steve didn't see us standing at the start line, but we saw him pumping his fists in the air has he approached the start. I was so excited to see him so excited.

2. When he saw me, Hayden, and Mary standing on the side of the road at mile 10, Steve just about lept out of his shoes with excitement and happiness. I remember yelling 'save your energy!' to him as he ran off. I was so happy to know we made him happy by being there and supporting him.

3. When Steve saw us cheering him down the finish chute, his face broke into such a mix of emotions and my eyes just welled up with tears. I have crossed that finish line before but can't even imagine what it must be like to see your partner, sister, and child standing right there cheering you on. I was so happy to be a part of that day and to see him accomplish such a huge, huge thing.

Here are a few pics from the day...

Hayden and I at the start line.

A Starbucks was the setting for the creation of some seriously fun signs.

Steve at mile 19.5...still looking fresh!

A happy marathon finisher and the fam.


Our favorite signs of the day, these got a lot of attention at mile 10.

These sappiest (but truest) signs were held up at mile 19.

And Mary had a sappy sign, too!


The rest of our weekend was fun, too. We relaxed at home on Friday night and got some use out of our new FIREPLACE which I LOVE and can't get ENOUGH of. Because, come on, it's a FIREPLACE! In my HOUSE! I think Hayden likes it, too.


And on Saturday, we made it out to the Bucks Fanfest and watched a scrimmage. I may have accidentally had a beer before 11 am at this event. Shh! And thank goodness I purchased a face painting kit for the house. Now I can paint Hayden's face before going to an event like this and we never have to wait in those dreaded face painting lines!! Smart move, Andrea. Well played.



No comments:

Post a Comment