Monday, October 19, 2015

Fall Fun

Hayden has fully transitioned into life as a K4 student. She's really embraced the concept of school and learning. It's evident to me that she really loves school and is really working to apply what she's learned in other aspects of life. Her favorite thing to do right now is sound out words and identify which letter they start with. It's really amazing how quickly her literacy progress has gone from letter identification to phonics.

At school, she has a 5-th grader 'big buddy' named Morgan. So far, they've only spent one day at school together and here's a pic from that where they drew pictures of the two of them together. 


Morgan is also in Hayden's before-school care room and so I introduced myself one morning. Morgan has THE BEST manners I've ever encountered. She stopped what she was doing, stood up, made good eye contact with me, and extended her hand for a handshake upon my introducing myself! Hayden talks about her a lot so I hope the school has more plans for 'big buddy' time. 

Here's a pic of Hayden working on a math center table in her classroom. She spends much of her days  in small groups working on literacy and math. It's amazing what kids are learning and doing in K4 these days. 


Yesterday, we took advantage of the warm weather and made our annual trek to a pumpkin farm out in Germantown. I like the simplicity of this place and the less-than-zoo-like experience. So many of these pumpkin places feel so crowded and, therefore, so not relaxing. Steve and I enjoyed helping Hayden pick out her 'perfect' pumkin, watching her ride a little tractor around a track over and over again, and taking a little stroll through a corn maze. On days like these, Steve and I often stop and note the special moments shared and the fact that Hayden's childhood is going to be (in the overall scheme of things) so short. We really try to cherish these times where the family is together, playing and having fun, strengthening bonds, and making memories. What more could a mom ask for?




We're at the point now where Hayden can take pictures of the old lady & old man!



No comments:

Post a Comment