Thursday, July 29, 2010

Birthing Classes

This past Tuesday we finished our birthing classes. We spent two hours every Tuesday night during the month of July learning about labor and delivery and how to care for our baby once it's here. We also took a 3-hour breastfeeding class one Saturday morning where we learned about...well...breastfeeding.

As much as Steve felt more prepared after every class, I continued to get more and more scared. Maybe there is such a thing as knowing too much about labor and delivery.

During our last class, we bathed, swaddled, and changed the diaper on a plastic doll. I'm pretty sure that means we're ready.

Steve was not happy about me taking this picture of him and our classroom baby but I think it's really cute. I can't wait to see him with our real baby in his arms.

When we first got to class and were assigned this black baby doll, Steve says to me "Now, if our baby comes out looking like this...you're in trouble, honey..."

3 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Standrea. So happy to see the blog. Looking forward to meeting little Harvey in 3 weeks. I'm convinced Andrea's right about the due date. I'm going with August. 23rd. See you guys soon. xxxoo M

Ross said...

So happy about the blog. Great way to keep up with what's going on with you guys. Steve, you might be pissed but I think it would be fun to have another black member of the family.

Jacob Buege said...

Great Idea to Start this Blog! I'm thinking about starting my own blog about what we (Me, Noah, Olivia) are doing in Colorado from our point of view.

Post a Comment