Monday, August 2, 2010

Getting Big!

It's hard to believe I'm going to get any bigger with this pregnancy, but I've been assured by many that there's plenty of time left to grow. Here's a pic of me at our doctor's appointment last Friday.

Steve has been to every appointment with me so far with the exception of one, which I know is pretty rare. He's given me such great support during the pregnancy in so many ways...he's been understanding with my mood changes, supportive when the physical limitations of pregnancy get me down, complimentary of my changing appearance, and has let me lay on the couch (versus the chair) in our TV room every night for 9 straight months. I can't thank him enough. I even get many back and foot rubs these days as I continue to get sore and achy. Thanks, honey!!

I realized today in my office that I can no longer see my feet when I'm standing. Here's a pic of my view of my belly as proof. No feet to be found...which is probably a good thing since I can't really reach my toenails for maintenance these days and I'm sure you don't want to see their current state.


As difficult as it is for me to no longer recognize my physical self both in terms of my reflection and my ability to do simple things (like sit up or put on shoes), I recognize that this is only temporary and that I'll be back to my old self soon. And, the prize at the end of this journey will be so well worth the small physical sacrifices.

Plus, no matter how big or uncomfortable I get, when I feel even the smallest movement of the baby in my tummy, I'm the happiest woman in the world.

2 comments:

Russ said...

Beautiful entry... but shouldn't this post be more about that Brewer Access Exam table and the Welch Allyn Light option on the side evident in the first picture?

Teresa said...

You guys are too cute - that's going to be one lucky baby.

Post a Comment