Tuesday, August 17, 2010

No News

Last Saturday I hit the 37 week mark. That means the baby is now considered full term and can come at any time.

Yesterday afternoon, Steve and I went in for one of our now weekly doctor appointments. I went in to the appointment with some high hopes and came out feeling a bit crushed - to say the least. Not only am I seeing numbers on the scale that I never thought were possible for me, the baby is nowhere near coming for a visit.

I really thought that the doctor would tell me that the baby has dropped and that I'm dilated already, but no such luck. That baby is comfy and cozy and apparently is in no hurry to join life on the outside.

Meanwhile, mom is puffy, stiff, sore, and SO ready to be home from work for 8-10 weeks with our little one. Patience has never been a strength of mine. I guess this baby is already teaching me what I need to know to be a parent - with patience topping that list!

4 comments:

Russ said...

If I could be so selfish as to ask you a favor at this time... please give birth before Peggy travels to MKE.

Teresa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teresa said...

Two words....Blue Margarita.
The wife of one of Chuck's co-workers swears they put her into labor twice. I took a few sips of one when I was 40 weeks along and went into labor later that evening. I'm not saying you should down a pitcher of these...just a little bit. I'm just saying....it's worth a try!

Mary said...

Dre. I will drink the blue margaritas with you. Solidarity between sisters. Say the word. p.s. you are brave for posting those pics. I don't even like photos taken of my face. Hang in there. It's almost time.

Post a Comment