The weather was absolutely perfect and we timed our visit for right before the Brewers playoff game so there were no crowds. The day was going smashingly well. Hayden had a long nap and lunch before we left. We figured we had a well-rested, well-fed baby - what could go wrong?
Well, we encountered the meltdown of all meltdowns. We had to abruptly leave the farm (which wasn't easy to do since we had taken the screaming child on the wagon ride way out to the pumpkin patch thinking the ride would distract her from her dismay. Rookie mistake. I felt so bad for the other families on that wagon ride!)
We endured a full hour of hysteria for no particular reason. I'm talking screaming and crying - the kind of crying where tears and snot just runs down the face. For an hour. 60 minutes, people.
She finally fell asleep in the car ride home. We put her down for another nap and she was good as new again. Maybe I'm still a little scarred from this event - maybe that's why I'm a month behind on posting these pics. It sure looks like we had a lovely time, doesn't it? (You can kind of see the beginning of the end in the last photo.)
No comments:
Post a Comment