Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Busy Weekend

Last weekend was a little nutty - but in a totally great way. Steve was out of town for his annual March Madness trip (marking 12 years since we met each other while he was on that trip!) so Hayden and I had as much fun as humanly possible while he was away.

Friday night, Erin and my Mom and I took the kids to the Organ Piper. I haven't been there in 15 years or so and it was exactly as I remember it. The kids loved dancing to the organist and playing games. The grown-ups loved the liter of red wine.






On Saturday morning, Hayden wore her new Easter dress to the Easter Bunny pancake breakfast at St. Monica's in Whitefish Bay. We went with her two best buds from school and enjoyed meeting the (somewhat creepy!) Easter Bunny and face painting. 




Noah, Olivia, and Jacob were in town on their Spring Break and we had plans to meet up at Sobleman's for lunch. Afterwards we headed to Mayfair to watch the Cinderella movie. It was so great to see the kids. They're all such great young people and I can't wait to see what great things they do in the years to come.


After the movie, Hayden and I headed to Erin's house for a sleepover. Hayden helped Erin decorate an Easter tree and played her typical role of being the one person in the room to actually pet Bailey (poor dog!).



On Sunday, Erin watched Hayden while I got my half marathon training run in the books. 12 miles accidentally turned into 12.7 miles (oops!) but it was a good run.

Once Steve got back, he and I had a sitter and went to the Bucks game. It's so much fun to sit so close to the court!

And finally, late Sunday night my Mom took me and Erin to the Vince Gill concert. I'm not the biggest country music fan but this was a fantastic show!


It's Wednesday and I'm still tired from the weekend. I think that's fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment