Hayden, Andrea and I are doing just fine here in the hospital. We'll be here until tomorrow (Monday) afternoon. I must admit, I'm looking forward to taking the family home. It's been an amazing three days here but the comfort of our own home sounds very appealing to us right now.
Hayden is doing great. She sleeps well, has a great disposition and is the prettiest thing in the world to look at. She is having some problems on the feeding side of things. The first couple days she was having issues keeping her food down. The last day or so she's had a little bit of a problem taking to the breast. Generally, she's doing good but sometimes I get worried sick about going home and not having the hospital support staff at our disposal.
To say that Andrea and I are sleep deprived right now is the understatement of the year. I didn't know it was possible to operate on this little sleep. The night Hayden was born I got 15 minutes of sleep and the last three nights we're averaging about 4 hours. 12 hours of sleep total in 4 nights doesn't quite cut it.
We've had a ton of visitors in the hospital which has made the time here very special. Andrea's mom has been up to visit three times and my mom and dad have been here twice (thanks for the gifts, Gail, and thanks for the treats, mom!). Many other friends and family have been here to visit each bringing little gifts, treats or just great companionship. Thanks to all who have made our stay here so great!
No comments:
Post a Comment