Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thanksgiving

Our family received great news yesterday - my Grandma's latest test shows no signs of cancer!

She was diagnosed with Lymphoma early this year and has been through many months of chemotherapy and radiation treatments. Grams has been such a trooper through all of this. My whole family rallied around her and we all pitched in with yard work, house work, grocery shopping, and many many hours of special visits. My Grandma has always been the heart of our family and we couldn't be more happy to know she's healthy again.

Because my job is very flexible I took Grandma to most of her chemotherapy appointments. I would pick her up and stay with her for the first few hours of her treatment and then go back to work. My mom or Aunt Linda would pick her up later in the day after they got done with school. Those hours sitting and chatting with my Grandma were some of the most special of my life. She and I grew so much closer over the past year, especially since I was going through the pregnancy and she would share so many stories of her pregnancies, deliveries, and precious babies with me. My Grandma and I have always been extremely close. All of us kids have a very special relationship with my Grandma and we did with my Grandpa when he was still with us, too. But, I swear we're closer than ever now. She is such a special lady. I'm just so happy and relieved that she's going to be OK.

Our family has a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving season.

We love you, Grandma!





No comments:

Post a Comment