Monday, November 1, 2010

First Day

Today is my first day back at work.

I had a bit of a meltdown last night. I held Hayden so close and just sobbed as I stroked her face and hair as she fell asleep in my arms. I couldn't imagine an entire day away from her.

Maybe it's because Steve is home with her and I know she's being cared for in the best possible way with the most possible love. Maybe it's because everyone is so welcoming and excited to see me and talk about Hayden today. Maybe it's because it feels good to have slept well last night and had an uninterrupted shower this morning. Maybe it's because I don't have much actual work to do yet. Whatever the reason, it's not been hard to be here so far.

Talk to me in two weeks when I drop her off at daycare - I'm sure I'll be singing a much different tune.

Just for fun, here are a few pics from Hayden's last bath...



No comments:

Post a Comment