Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hayden's First Thanksgiving

We had such a great Thanksgiving this year. This holiday has never meant more to us than it did this year with Hayden. Steven and I have so much to be thankful for, it's a little ridiculous. We really are blessed - with such a beautiful family, a lovely marriage, and a ton of fantastic friends.

On Thursday, Hayden hosted her first Thanksgiving at our house. My family came over around 2 and we ate dinner and played games late into the night. Thankfully my cousin Emily took some pictures because you know I never think of doing that.

Of course our kitchen sink backed up about 10 minutes before our first guest arrived. Steve and Bryant spent much of the holiday in their undershirts under the kitchen sink. Steve even borrowed plumbing tools from several neighbors. Stuff like this always seems to happen on holidays! Thankfully, Steve and Bryant figured it out and fixed it right up.


Emily and Hayden got off to a rocky start.


We've been eating the same Thanksgiving meal for as long as I can remember. (Note Hayden's hand print turkey art in the background.)


Hayden has to eat, too!


Our plumbers.


The girls!


Playing Taboo - Erin's sooo ready to buzz!


On Friday night we went over to Mary's house for the Rech family Thanksgiving. Mary always puts out a gourmet spread and this year was no different. This year's dessert even involved the use of a kitchen blow torch. Enough said. I wish I had taken some pics at Mary's house! Steve and I have to get better about recording these things...if for no other reason than to create more interesting blog posts!

We hope all of you had a happy Thanksgiving. We missed our family members who couldn't be with us this year but we eagerly await Christmas so we can all be together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment