Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring Cleaning

Man, does this daylight savings time change have anyone else all messed up this morning? My morning was the opposite of smooth. Hayden generally wakes up somewhere between 5 and 6 a.m so I don't even need to set an alarm. I was looking forward to daylight savings time because she would be sleeping a little later and would get up around 6 or 7. Even though I KNEW she'd be sleeping later in the morning, somehow it never crossed my mind that I needed to set an alarm so that I could continue to get up at 6. Well, this morning Hayden slept until 6:40 and so did I! Needless to say, I was a little rushed this morning. Not a great way to start the week.

This weekend I got the spring cleaning bug. My Mom, Aunt Linda, Hayden, and I spent a few hours on Saturday deep cleaning my Grandma's house and I was inspired to do the same to my house on Sunday. I really went through my closet and drawers and donated a bunch of stuff to goodwill and I finally packed up my maternity clothes and put them in storage. I dusted everything that could be dusted. My bathrooms are cleaner than they've ever been. I did something like eight loads of laundry. I was a cleaning machine. I rewarded myself with a long bath and a new novel and the best reward of all - I slid between freshly washed sheets at the end of the day. Honestly, is there anything better than freshly washed sheets?

Steve spent Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning in Appleton visiting with Tom and Kramer who get together every year to watch the conference basketball tournaments. It sounds like he had a great time catching up with his buddies and I'm so happy he's had the opportunity to spend a good chunk of quality time with his friends lately. Now that everyone has kids, those opportunities arise less frequently.

Here are a couple of pics from my Grandma's house on Saturday. Before we left, my brother and Debby came over for a visit with my Grandma. I realized I don't have many photos of Mike and Debby with Hayden so I snapped a few quick ones with my phone.





Hayden's stylish plaid shirt and jeans were a Christmas gift from the Bueges. How cute!!

Hayden took a nap at my Grandma's house and it was the first time I've ever seen her sleep on her stomach. She's showing off new tricks every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment