Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Quick Update


I know we haven't been posting much lately - we have a lot going on.

Here's a quick Hayden udpate:

- She is 'crawling' around! She's not up on all fours yet but she is able to pull herself forward across a floor to get to her favorite toy or favorite Mommy, whatever the case may be. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before she's up on all fours.

- She has been enthusiastically exploring the world of solids. After a number of unsuccessful attempts to get her to eat my homemade baby food, we switched to the organic jarred stuff and she loves it. Not sure why my homemade stuff made her gag, but I tried!

- Her new favorite thing to do is to suck on wedges of fruit while I hold them for her. She loves oranges, pineapple, and even lemons!

-She's been a little sick lately, congested lungs, runny nose...took her to the doc and I guess it's just a spring cold. I wish it'd go away, though...

- She has not one, but TWO teeth on the bottom! I cried when I saw the first one (no more gummy baby smile!) but am slowly coming to terms with this latest milestone.

- Continues to charm everyone with her laid-back, smiley personality. She is such a gift to us all.

And as for the rest of us, Steve and I are doing the best we can to spend as much time as possible with both of our families right now as important loved ones on both sides of our family are facing health challenges. Things are a little hectic....some things we are typically on top of have fallen a bit to the wayside...I'm sure many friends are wondering where we've gone...but...family first. Thanks to everyone who is keeping our families in their thoughts and prayers and to everyone who has reached out to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment