It's been a pretty busy last few weeks. We spent two weekends in a row in the Dells followed quickly by Halloween and a crazy time at work for me. Here's what we've been up to.
Our second weekend in the Dells was really fun. We met up with the Roemkes, Birlers, and Goetters at the Wilderness Resort. We had a great time splashing in the water parks with Hayden and the other families. I hope this is something we do again and again. It was just in August that we went to Three Bears resort with a group of families and Hayden was crazy for the big water slides, but this time she wanted no part of them. Funny how things change so quickly with kids. I have no pics from the water activities, but Hayden, Livia, and Carmen enjoyed Hayden's new and improved tea set in our suite.
We got home from the Dells at 2 on Sunday and my family came over for trick-or-treating at 4. We pulled on Hayden's monkey costume and walked around the block saying hello to the neighbors and filling Hayden's pumpkin with candy. She walked up to every house and said (sometimes with a little coercing) 'trick or treat' and then 'thank you' after she received a piece of candy. Pretty darn cute. And a pretty darn good gig for Mom and Dad who ate 99% of her candy in the nights thereafter. Of course the good pics from trick or treating are on our other computer so I don't have them right now but hopefully I'll be able to add them later because you all have to see Drew's costume. Too adorable. For now, here's one pic of Hayden with our favorite neighbor girls.
The following week (last week) was tough - Hayden had a high fever on Monday night so I stayed home with her on Tuesday. At one point in the day I ran downstairs to change the laundry and came back up to find this (poor baby):
For many reasons, which I will not name here, this is what the end of my day at the office on Wednesday looked like:
And for other reasons, which I will not name here, Mary and I made the trek down to the Kenosha outlet malls last Saturday to round out my wardrobe at the J Crew outlet. My receipt of my transaction looked like this:
And finally, after our shopping spree, Mary and I had the world's craziest Bloody Mary containing three deviled eggs and two pieces of bacon. It was heaven and it looked like this:




No comments:
Post a Comment